Nik Color Efex 4 and other Nik products

Started Sep 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
TexasTumbleweed
Junior MemberPosts: 48Gear list
Like?
Re: Nik Color Efex 4 and other Nik products
In reply to Mark K W, Sep 11, 2012

I have the full Nik Suite. I primarily use Color Efex (very often Detail Extractor), Silver Efex, Output Sharpener, and HDR Efex. All except HDR Efex I typically launch as filters in CS5, rather than from LR4, since they are part of a compound workflow where I also need the power of local masking in CS5. HDR Efex is easy to launch direct from LR via the Export menu after selecting the brackets in LR you want to combine.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Just a little hard to swallow the $499 bundle. As mentioned I have some other products. And, I do a little HDR with Photomatrix. I may just start with Color Efex 4 and look at the others one at a time based on need. I go through phases and Silver Efex may be perfect. But one at a time might be better than getting products I will never use.

TexasTumbleweed's gear list:TexasTumbleweed's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow