Started Sep 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zippzopp17
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
panasonic 14mm vs panasonic 7-14mm
Sep 11, 2012

I have a gx1 that i had converted to infrared and I'm really enjoying it. I have the olympus 45mm which performs really well in terms of sharpness on the gx1. i also have the panasonic 20mm which is nice as well.

I purchased the panasonic 14mm because I wanted to do some wide angle work with infrared, but I'm finding it is not very good optically in the edges and corners, even when stopped down to f8 or f11. the olympus 45 easily beats it across the frame in overall sharpness. maybe i didn't get the best copy of the lens, but it is almost to the point that i find a bunch of my IR shots not very usable because of corner softness. so i was thinking of possibly getting the 7-14, but i'm just not sure if i want to spend that kind of money if the corner sharpness on that lens is at all like my 14mm. is the 7-14 that much better optically to warrant the price of it or do you think the results will be on par with the 14mm and it isn't worth purchasing?

thoughts from either IR shooters or anyone else would be appreciated!

thanks!

zippzopp17's gear list:zippzopp17's gear list
Nikon D800 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow