ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TexasTumbleweed
Junior MemberPosts: 48Gear list
Like?
Nik Color Efex 4 and other Nik products
Sep 11, 2012

Howdy,

I spend more time in the Nex forum than here. But you guys (and gals) look to be experts for this question.

I use LR 4.1 and PS CS5. Nowadays, I do more and more of the image enhancement in LR and PS is only used when I need to do major pixel mucking.

But I have started playing around with the Color Efex 4 package. I like some of its capabilities over what is straight forward in LR. Some of the filters are a bit over the top but many look like they fit my eye. The workflow I seem to be forced into is EDIT IN> PS then select the Nik Filter package.

Couple of questions: Is that the best way to use the Color Efex 4 or is there a way to stay in the LR environment? (Color efex does not show up for me in the LR external editor choices.)

The second question is do you find value just in Color Efex 4 or do you use the entire suite? I have Pixel Genius for sharpening and have been using the improved tools in LR for noise reduction.

Thanks in advance for your help.

TexasTumbleweed's gear list:TexasTumbleweed's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow