RX100 Overheating During Video Capture

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Markr041
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,005Gear list
Like?
Re: Video and Sensor Heat
In reply to tbcass, Sep 11, 2012

There is nothing in that review (which I have seen before) that compares the RX100 to an actual camcorder or does resolution or artifact tests. Nor does it contradict anything negative I said, nor my statement that the Rx100 videos are good.

Slashcam.de is a professional viewing site that compares the RX100 to the GW77 (GW55) and shows (with charts) that the GW77 has much better resolution than the Rx100 and no artifacts, unlike the Rx100. I have used both cameras; the GW77 videos are obviously sharper.

Notice how the review you cite pays no attention whatsoever to audio or to the quality of the zoom.

You can ignore the facts presented by a nobody if you want; or you can rely on "authorities" that have not fully tested if that reinforces your prejudices.

Oh, and I do own the GW77 and have extensive experience with it (and the Panasonic GH2, The Sony NEX 5N and the Panasonic TM900). I chose the pocketable GW77 over the Rx100 because the video and audio were so much better. Were I primarily intrested in stills, I would have chosen the Rx100 (approximately the same price).

Markr041's gear list:Markr041's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow