Started Sep 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
villainousturtle
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Is this lens scratched?
Sep 11, 2012

I recently bought a Canon T4i with an 18-135 STM lens. The first one I got had a defective lens that produced blurry images. I sent it back to Amazon.com and got a replacement. This new lens produces sharp pictures and seems fine. However, when I look at the front element there are quite a few lines that look a lot like scratches to me. They only show up when I tilt the lens so that a bright light reflects off of it. They are hard to photograph, especially since I had to use my phone instead of a decent camera, but you can get an idea of what they look like in these photos. Are these a common optical phenomenon or have I really had such horrible luck as to receive two defective lenses in a row? A friend owns the same lens and I'm not seeing these on his. If it is scratched, making a second return for a third camera seems ridiculous. Maybe I will just get a refund and forget it....

Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow