Started Sep 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,679Gear list
Like?
I am back to m43 format
Sep 11, 2012

I just decided to go back to the m4/3 format for my light setup and sold my Sony NEX-7 with NEX lenses, and purchased on the used market OMD with 12-50 and 45 1.8 (coming to me as we speak).

Although I thought (and still do) the picture detail on NEX7 was phenomenal, the (relatively) slow AF finally got to me as I was trying to take pictures of my 4-month-old.

This is going to be my 5th m43 camera. 1st was EPL1 - which was a fail at AF Department. The second was GF1 which had great AF but poor low light performance in terms of noise. I also owned GF2 and G3 at one point.

I keep hearing good things about OM-D EM5, from many angles, some serious photographers telling me, that this is the first m43 camera finally worth looking at. So I picked one up on a used market with 12-50 and 45 1.8 (coming to me in a mail) and also picked up a 40-150 lens... I hear AF is very fast, even in low light, almost as good as my DSLR gear (former user of Nikon D700/D800, current owner/user of Canon 5D Mark III), which I intend to explore fully.... If this is what I think it really is (small and light camera with excellent AF and excellent low light use) with small and light lenses, it would make me very happy.

-- hide signature --

4t

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony a6000 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +5 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D700 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow