I think Sony is way too obsessed with size.....

Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,505Gear list
Like?
Re: Plenty of big cameras around...
In reply to dellaaa, Sep 11, 2012

dellaaa wrote:

Small size was the reason I bought the NEX 7 also, but, if it we 20% bigger and had a FF sensor

What I am saying is ever shrinking size should be tempered with other design concerns.

Lets say Sony would make a M9 sized auto focus,interchangeable lens, EVF, full frame camera with the features of the NEX 7, how many would they sell???

At what price? What mount?

I welcome smaller and lighter cameras with high potential for a good reason. I can carry them around without carrying a frown. Such as, fitting these in a sling bag...

Sony RX1: General purpose, light and compact go anywhere full frame camera that covers most of my needs

Sony A55: addresses the rest of them, with 16-50, 70mm macro, 135mm STF and 200G HS.

THAT, to me is a better option than replacing A55 + 16-50 lens with A99 + 24-70mm Zeiss, keep NEX-3 and add RX100.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow