Any suggestion for quickly swapping neckstrap w/wrist strap?

Started Sep 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nyckenj
Regular MemberPosts: 117Gear list
Like?
Any suggestion for quickly swapping neckstrap w/wrist strap?
Sep 11, 2012

Hi there-

I realize this isn't m43 specific, but since this is the forum I frequent, thought I'd ask here. I think it's relevant to folks who have a small camera and want to switch from wrist strap to neck strap.

Question: does anyone have a good solution for a "quick exchange" clip to swap out a neckstrap for a wrist strap? (or vice versa?)

(The Problem): I use the wonderful Gordy's straps. When I'm casually out and about and am not actively focused on shooting, I usually use the neck strap so I can sling it out of the way. When I'm actively shooting on the street, I like to have the wrist strap so my camera is at the ready. Switching between the two has been tearing up my fingers and separating the nail from the finger (OUCH) trying to get those little O-rings off.

Wondered if anyone else had this problem and found a good solution? I looked for small carabiner-type clips that I could add to either the camera body D-Clips or to the O-rings or the straps, but they were too big. Key chain quick clips seemed like a good idea but haven't found any small or secure enough.

Grateful for any thoughts!

K

nyckenj's gear list:nyckenj's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow