Backfocus problems need to be fixed by Nikon?

Started Sep 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,467
Like?
Re: Normal focus shift
In reply to shutterbud, Sep 11, 2012

shutterbud wrote:

This has been during streetshots and not when increasing the aperture on a static subject. While I am certain there are aspects of focus shift I am unfamiliar with, I was always under the impression and have experienced the reality of focus shifting when shooting from a tripod and manual focussing using live-view, zoomed right in. I can see the image moving in the screen when changing the aperture. This seems to be more a systemic problem, which is (to me at least) counterintuitive, since more light should mean more info on which to base an AF decision, though obviously the depth of field is far reduced. Two ticks. I'll upload a couple of offending shots.

It can only help... upload a jpeg directly as it comes from the camera to your gallery here (no cropping or PP in another program)

Then go here http://www.dpreview.com/members/settings/profile

And under the "Privacy and Safety" tab check "Allow" under "Allow visitors to download full size original images from your gallery" That way we can download the pic to ViewNX2 and check the camera settings you used. That assumes you uploaded pics/files as they came from the camera vs any change in Photoshop or the like.

I've also noticed a huge lag or even reluctance for the shutter to actuate recently. Like it'll hesitate for 4 or 5s then finally agree to take the shot.

That is not right...unless maybe using AF-C and have AF-C set to Focus vs Release Priority. Uploading a pic with full EXIF will help us look at all the incamera settings and see if just a minor setting thing. Hope so....Good Luck

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
coolNew
MostNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow