Good comparison of 24-70 old vs new...

Started Sep 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,787Gear list
Like?
Re: As far as I understand Photozone guys buy most of the lenses they test
In reply to ZAnton, Sep 11, 2012

Yes, here in the United States, we can buy and return. If I lived where you do where apparently this service isn't available, I would find a store with a demo lens. Of course, this still will not tell me how the lens I eventually end up with will perform but I'll be a lot closer than reading a Photozone review.

ZAnton wrote:

So you first buy lens for 2500 Euro, and then you test it to see if it is good enough.
Well, I am very happy for you, if you can afford this yourself.

Rick Knepper wrote:

A Canon fanboy posting as That Nikon Guy - pretty good disguise. I wasn't offended or bored by the video - I learned a few things but the number one review will be the Rick Knepper Review conducted by Rick Knepper using Rick Knepper's cameras, technique, photo subjects and skill level. That'll tell me with 100% certainty if the lens and myself are compatible.

ZAnton wrote:

unless someone send it to them.

But I don't think a real Canon fanboy, who pre-pre-preordered his lens in first minutes after it was anounced, wants his lens to be tested.
Firstly because if they measure little to no improvement he will be freaked out.

Second, after you wait for a year, you don't want to send you lens away for 2-3 weeks to some unknown guys.

But yes, Photozone makes very good testing and I am eager to see their results.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow