ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Allen Ballard
Junior MemberPosts: 44Gear list
Like?
Complexity of OM-D menu
Sep 11, 2012
-- hide signature --

Just so disappointed with the menu driven operation of the OM-D. Soon after purchasing it two months ago, went over the manual thoroughly and had everything working well. Then didn't use it for about a month or so, did an outdoor shoot and everything went well. Again didn't use it until this Sunday at an indoor event, put it into P mode with that operational display on the screen and lo and behold, instead of single shot mode, I was in a multi-shot mode and just didn't have the time to change it because I was shooting people in action. So I ended up with three shots where I only wanted one and in total had close to a thousand shots instead of three hundred or so. Just didn't have the time to shut it down. Moreover, the exposure compensation scale was blinking and despite my pushing the set button and every other button on the camera, it would not stop blinking and kept on shifting position. It was just a very frustrating afternoon with an excellent camera whose menus are really counter-intuitive. The problem is that the people who developed this camera tried to squeeze too many options into its operation. Nothing like the old OM-2N which was a jewel of a camera.
Al

Allen Ballard's gear list:Allen Ballard's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow