ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bethels70
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
Advice on Purchasing a second hand Epson 7600
Sep 11, 2012

Hi there all,

I want some honest advice on an epson 7600. I currently own an epson 3800 and I am wrapped with it, but I have the opportunity to buy a second hand epson 7600. The guy wants 1500 for it ( thats Aussie Dollars). This includes several almost full rolls of media ( canvas and high end paper, also some other odds and ends which I dont really care about... and electric stapler, some canvas frames, a heap of staples, some fancy tool for stretching on canvas that he reckons worth $160 bucks...
BUT.. from my internet research, the printer is probably only worth around 500.

I went to view it today.. and I saw it printing out... the lines were TERRIBLE... it needed a head clean to boot.. after several head cleans.. its starting to print ok ( I had to show him how to do a nozzle check and head clean) I have told him that I wont buy it until I see a clean print with no lines..

Two things.. any one know of any inherent problems with them, and if It needed a new print head, where would I find such a thing in Australia and how much would it cost and also what do you think I should offer him given that theres probably about 500 bucks for the paper.. do you think I would be unreasonable if I offered him a grand and then only if the print is clean.. ie no lines of course.

I have a 3880 and the digital photo lab where I work has a 7800 I think but this would just be a nice one for me to play around with at home.

I dont live in the middle of Brisbane so this sort of printer is not readily available up here. Even the 3800 I had to get from the big smoke.
\cheers all.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow