ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neuron09
Contributing MemberPosts: 690
Like?
K5 arrived today
Sep 11, 2012

Hi All,

I just received a K5 with the DA18-55WR lens. I have had other Pentax bodies (K-x, K100D) and have several lenses over the past few years (including all the limited primes). With the pricing on the K5 being too good to pass up (something like $980 for the body and lens last week at B & H), my wife bought it for me as an early anniversary gift after I dropped many hints.

My first impressions of the camera are great moving up from the K-x. The K5 is sooo refined compared to the Kx.

I opened the box from B&H and was first surprised that the box did not have the sealing tape across the top. Then, I started to charge the battery and "just for fun" flip the on switch, and, much to my surprise, the camera powered up-- it had a battery in it. I also noticed that the clock was set correctly for Eastern daylight time. I'll call B&H tomorrow, but have never had an issue with anything from them in the past (all of the above equipment, plus lots of other stuff).

The camera seems fine and even the kit lens seems sharp (more so that the original DA18-55 and DAL18-55 that came with the other two bodies). The count on exposures was zero, so I am wondering what's up. At any rate, I'll post two photos taken of the usual suspect (cat) with the kit lens and DA40.

Any thoughts?

Pentax K100D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow