Started Sep 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ceci Land
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Just sprang for the G5
Sep 11, 2012

I've used my trusty Oly E1 for ages and have never gotten around to replacing it. I've simply shifted to the enthusiast pocket cameras for the past 4 years. That's worked...erm...ok, but I've been itching to find a micro four thirds camera to replace my E1. I'd have loved the new OM-D, but alas, it's too rich for my wallet. The G5 seemed to hit the sweet spot though.

For now, I'm just going to deal with the kit 14-42 lens. I hate that I have my lovely first generation 14-54 and 50-200 lenses and they're probably going to sit fallow now. They're such awesome glass, but I'm not sure how well they'll work on the new panasonic bodies. If they'd only been second generation lenses, maybe they'd have worked better. Does anyone have any experience with using the "old" 2.8 Oly 4/3 glass on panasonic bodies?

Anyway, I'm like a little kid again waiting for my goodies to arrive. I'm amazed at how much things have changed in the last few years. There's so many more bells and whistles I'll have to learn how to use. Hahahaha! As silly as it sounds, I'm loving the thought of an articulated screen. I love taking macros, but I'm tired of crawling around and contorting to get the shots.

Ceci Land's gear list:Ceci Land's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow