Best neutral "pass-through" settings and method for SPP?

Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kriekira
Senior MemberPosts: 2,196Gear list
Like?
Best neutral "pass-through" settings and method for SPP?
Sep 10, 2012

I just received my DP2M -- -- and am hobbled by my ignorance of the Sigma Photo Pro software.

From reading here and elsewhere, I have decided as a starting point to adjust WB as needed in SPP, turn NR all the way down, set Sharpness to -1, and save these converted and adjusted images as 16-bit TIFFs. I will then import these into Aperture (I am an Aperture Certified Pro) for storage, development (i.e.: post-processing), and pre-press.

What is the simplest way to go from the X3F files to a folder of processed TIFFs?

Are there better "base settings" for getting the most data into Aperture, while using the necessary workflow of converting the RAW files using SPP?

One thing which is already bothering me: the images in the larger SPP window have some kind of WB applied. This does not show in the thumbnails, nor in the files I export. I don't understand why.

Thanks in advance.

Kriekira's gear list:Kriekira's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1R Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A77 +1 more
Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow