Let's be clear about Photokina...

Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
redhed17
Senior MemberPosts: 1,020
Like?
Re: Plenty
In reply to ott77n, Sep 10, 2012

ott77n wrote:

Bob Krist makes a point of it be known he was shooting a D90 and now a D7000. For me it makes a D90 pro level camera (for the sake of this argument), irrespective of what NPS requirements are.

I've never heard of Bob Krist, but I'm assuming that he is a pro photographer. If a pro using a camera makes it 'professional', then I saw Joe Cornish (a pro photographer I have heard of ;-)) using a camera phone a few years ago on TV, does that make it a pro camera? I don't think so, but others may not agree.

I mentioned Nikon considering the D300/S to be of a professional level because that is the market they have aimed it at. They consider it to be of a level of features and build to be used, and relied upon, by professionals. And I think they should know more than anyone.

Some equipment is considered professional, because of the level of performance and build quality, that your particular bit of equipment isn't considered 'professional' doesn't make it work any worse, and if you are happy with it, then you should be very happy because you are getting great results with gear that is not as expensive as the 'pro' gear.

As for the criteria of being a part of the NPS a minimum spend, rather than the quality of the product, pro quality gear costs money. Canon do something similar with varying combinations of gear, and so quality, and so cost, give you different levels of Canon Professional Services (CPS) membership.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow