Contributing MemberPosts: 842Gear list
Like?
Re: Bruce
In reply to gail, Sep 10, 2012

gail wrote:

panamforeman wrote:

Actually my remaks were meant "tongue-in-cheek!"

Sorry, I missed that.

But it is true that I carry the G1X and the S100 with me. But it use to be only the S100. I keep the G1X in a camera bag in the car.......just in case.

I find this very interesting. I'd think it would be the other way around: because of it's better image quality, the G1X would be the main camera with the S100 as a backup.

I carry the S100 in my shirt pocket, even when I'm wearing a suit. I've taken many "off-hand" shots with it because I'm not always in my car.

However, when I am going somewhere that I think I'll take photos, like a family gathering etc. (mine is quite large) I have the G1X in a camera bag on the back seat. When I get there I just carry the G1X with the strap wrapped around my hand. I also keep a tripod in the trunk and the camera bag for the G1X has all the accessories etc. that may be needed.

I use to carry a Sony video camera but no longer do that because of the excellent video capabilities of the S100 and G1X.

I am looking forward to the next "S" Powershot series camera, but who knows when that will be. I have tried the Sony RX-100. The menus are "fussy" and not easy to navigate thru. Plus it is very "slick" just like the S90 was. I didn't like it.....but then I do like Canons, and hope the S1?? will be a big improvement.

We'll see.

panamforeman's gear list:panamforeman's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow