Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hansolo82
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
3570k vs 3770k performance with DPP
Sep 10, 2012

I plan to buy a new PC soon as I've really grow tired of the slowiness of my 4 years old core2duo laptop. I mean, just loading a RAW in Canon's DPP (the only software I use) to work on it takes 5-6 sec and more than 11 sec to convert it. And if I start a conversion batch, then it becomes so slow I can't work on other files.

So I pretty much nailed down what I want for my next system (16gb of RAM, 128 or 256 SSD, basic video card as I don't play, etc.) but I've been wondering if the uprade from a 3570k to a 3770k is worth the 100$ difference. Oh Yeah, I will be overclocking the hell out of the chip with a corsair H100, hoping to attain 4.8 Ghz or more if I'm lucky.

So, for anyone of has a 3570k or 3770k, how long does it takes you to load a RAW (this is the most important as this is killing me now, hoping to bring this down to a second or so)? How long to convert to jpeg? If you start a batch conversion, are you still able to work on other files at a reasonable speed (3770k probably has an advantage here since it's multithreaded). Please indicate if you overclock and at what speed!

Any user comment would be great as it would help me pinpoint which CPU to buy!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow