How much to ask for damaged Oly 45?

Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sinan Tarlan
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,855Gear list
Like?
Re: How much to ask for damaged Oly 45?
In reply to Sinan Tarlan, Sep 10, 2012

Thanks for further replies and I tend to agree with some others in that it may fetch more than 20-25. If we can summise that MF is not that important to many people the only thing really wrong with it (apart from some minor scruffs on the plastic barrel) is that it is soft at the edges wide open but is sharp accross the board by f/4. Considering its primarily a portrait lens that's not the end of the world. I would hardly classify that as useless and worthy of 95% loss in value.

Either way thanks for the info on Olympus repairs as well. Just assumed they would charge an absurd amount to fix it. Will get a quote from them first and then see. eBay will be the next option and as people have said will reveal the true market price. I just prefer Craigslist etc as I don'tt have to deal with shipping but eBay is indeed likely a better tool in this case.

Cheers.
--
Sinan
http://sinantarlan.zenfolio.com/

Sinan Tarlan's gear list:Sinan Tarlan's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow