Refurb E-PL3 - dead pixel, dirty sensor?

Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaveInPhilly
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
Refurb E-PL3 - dead pixel, dirty sensor?
Sep 10, 2012

So I'm very new to the game. After playing with a buddy's Nex 5 I impulsively decided to upgrade from my point & shoot to an E-PL3. I purchased a refurbished unit with the both the 14-40 and 40-140 lenses. As I was playing around with it this weekend I noticed a tiny blue dot on the LCD. I assumed this was a dead pixel on the screen, but then I noticed that it was actually showing up on the images themselves. Looking at the sensor without the lens, I can see a small spec, but I haven't tried to clean it off.

As I said, I am very inexperienced, so I the problem/ solution may be obvious, but can anyone see what the likely cause of the problem is from looking at this picture? I circled the problem - it doesn't show up unless you look at the picture at its full size. Assuming it is something on the sensor and not a defective sensor, is this something I can clean off myself or do I need to send it to a professional?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Dave

Olympus PEN E-PL3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow