Street photography, had a guy go weird on me

Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Doug MacMillan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,798Gear list
Like?
Turning the Tables
In reply to apaflo, Sep 10, 2012

This is an old debating method. It's easy to see it for what it is. There's a difference between reasonable and legal. Society works because of a long list of tacit agreements regarding behavior. You may have a right to photograph in a public place, but there are laws against being a nuisance.

I love to sail and I take my Hobie catamarans to the beaches on the Gulf Coast. They are pretty boats with their colorful sails and are photographed often both on the beach and when I'm out sailing. I'll pose with it when asked and will also photograph folks with them if asked. I usually wave when I'm out sailing and see somebody shooting.

I also like to finish the day with a nice dinner with my wife in a quiet restaurant. If it is nice out, we like to dine in outdoor seating if available. I don't want my meal disturbed by someone photographing me then.

Doug MacMillan's gear list:Doug MacMillan's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mark II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow