RX1 not really that expensive

Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Steven-T
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,110Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 not really that expensive
In reply to edwardaneal, Sep 10, 2012

Agreed on the price, for someone who wants this camera with a fixed lens. It's relatively cheap, actually.

To put this further, if the body costs $2,499.95, and the lens $1,499.95, total $3,999.90, I will buy the camera body in a heart beat, and use all my Leica M's. I will take the bait if the camera only sells with the lens as a kit. Oops, I can't do that.

To me, its not the price per se. It's the dead money I throw in. I would rather use my 35 Cron or 24 Elmarit on my little C3, for now. Size similar, but only APS-C. I will wait, and hope . . .

edwardaneal wrote:

show me any 24mp full frame camera with a Zeiss 35mm f/2 lens that doesn't cost much more than the RX1

show me any other full frame camera with a 35 mm lens that you can fit in a coat pocket

an NEX-7 with the Zeiss 24mm lens will cost you $2,296.00 from B&H - - the RX1 is only $504 more and you get full frame, and all the benefits that come with it, in what looks to be a smaller package

to the person who wants a small camera and wants the absolute highest image quality $504 is not deal breaker

if the RX1 came with a 50mm lens instead of the 35 I would seriously have to think about selling all my NEX gear and going for it

JMO

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

Steven-T's gear list:Steven-T's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow