Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pentaxination
Forum MemberPosts: 76
Like?
K5: why would you 'upgrade' from this?
Sep 10, 2012

that's the question. I have owned 5D Mk II, the 7D, Nikon D300, K7 and Olympus E3 and until I bought the K5 a few weeks ago, they were the best DSLRs I had ever used, in that order.They all moved down one spot.

I am so satisfied with its capabilities that I am caused to think that an extraordinary upgrade may well be the only thing to move me to buy it. And that's saying a lot for a hopefully now reformed 'serial camera purchaser'! I imagine that the extraordinary in a new Pentax would be a noise-free sensor to 100K matched with a still higher grade pancake or 16-45 range weather-resistant lens for short money(that isn't happening!).

I know I have seen this debated in past week or two; I don't a full-frame camera for my purposes.

After saying all of this I sum it up concluding that, for me(and many others), the K5 is a very satisfying camera.

Thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Joe

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Nikon D300 Olympus E-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow