Started Sep 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
MAC
MAC
Forum ProPosts: 12,268Gear list
Like?
Re: 60d or T4i
In reply to nelimbhanger, Sep 10, 2012

congrats on new baby!

think glass and processing and light before body - also think how much $ you have to spend

50 f1.4 for shooting the baby at f2.2 - works nicely on both bodies

the best outdoor soccer mom's lens might be the 70-200 f4 IS L with 1.4 ext. you'd want a 60d over a t4i for balance and so it wasn't tippy. If really serious about sports for money then the 7d.

but if money is an issue then the 55-250 IS works nicely on both bodies and is great for travel

for wide - scapes- I recommend the 15-85 IS on the 60d.

for indoor sports - well this is where a 5d3 would help with it's low noise and being able to use f2.8. 70-200 f2.8 IS II and 5d3. unless you have pro/college lighting indoors

light - 580II for 60d. 430 for t4i. use on and off camera flash feature and bounce into side wall. look at odins for radios when you need them

LR 4.x - a must - and a hummer to run it

60d supports magic lantern - do a search

I use eyefi with my 60d and ipad3

so...I think the 60d is better camera for my needs. T4i would be good for travel though

nelimbhanger wrote:

Hello I am new to this site, but I have aready found it to be very helpful. I am looking to get a DSLR and not sure which of these cameras would work best for me. I just had a new baby and I would like to take pictures of him. I also like to take pictures of the outdoors and sporting events. One important feature needs to be video as well. Please help me make my decision. Thanks TJ

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow