S100 after 2nd repair

Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bruce Hunter
Contributing MemberPosts: 795
Like?
Re: Bruce
In reply to gail, Sep 10, 2012

gail,

I did not buy the extended warranty from Best Buy, so if I get the lens error again, after November 12, 2012 ( yr. from date of purchase ) it will be up to me to return the camera to Canon repair. However, a 3rd lens error would be it for me.

I know Canon will not replace the camera with a new one, but after something like 3 strikes, I'd like to see Canon give a $100 credit on the purchase of any new Canon camera. But then, I'd like to see World Peace and the end of poverty , too . ( a little sarcasm, here )

My first lens error occured 4 months and approx. 3500 photos , after purchase. Second lens error, almost 6 months after first repair and approx. 2500 photos.

Now, carrying around 2 cameras ( S100 and S90 , both with different type batteries ) just in case the S100 fails again, kind of defeats the purpose of traveling light with just a pocket compact.....

But, if the Canon lens error is the worst thing to ever happen in my life, I will be the luckiest man on the planet and I choose instead to marvel at the wonder of digital photography and I'm thankful for the thousands of digital images I've been able to capture over just the past few years with just the click of a shutter....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow