Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
christophorosp
Regular MemberPosts: 196Gear list
Like?
Forthcoming Nikon user and lighting questions
Sep 10, 2012

Hi all, congrats for your forum section and the amount of information found here.

I am currently using a Sony A200 DSLR but since i have started seeing this more professionally, i will be moving to Nikon within the next few months after i gradually sell all my current equipment. Reasons vary but mainly because of the overall concrete system by Nikon as well as their great technology when it comes to speedlights.

Since i am far from Nikon news (i will ofcourse investigate further in the newar future) and since there are so many experienced users here, i first though to take some input that would guide me to the correct direction. I will move to a full frame sensor and leaning towards fixed focal length lenses with a more general usage 24-70mm lens. I shoot primarily portaits/fasion and glamour (you can have a look at my website in my signature)

So my questions are:

1. What Nikon body would be ideal for such type of shooting?

2. Im looking at fixed focal length lenses so which ones would you recommend? Im not aware of the quality of the nikon lenses but i would like them to be comparable with the Zeiss 85mm 1.4 and 135mm 1.4

3. Is there anything i should look for when building my system? As mentioned i will be using it heavily with strobes etc.

-- hide signature --
 christophorosp's gear list:christophorosp's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G
Sony Alpha DSLR-A200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow