Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jen Yates
Senior MemberPosts: 1,282
Like?
Recommend me a 27" display...
Sep 10, 2012

Bought a Dell U2711 a couple of months ago, from new it had a fault where it wouldn't switch on half of the time.

Due to being away for the summer finally arranged a replacement last week, and that worked perfectly for 48hrs and now won't switch on at all, basically dead to the world.

Definitely not user error, bad electrics or dodgy cabling as everything checks out and works fine with many other bits of kit and screens.

So....

I've arranged a refund and will have to stick with the rMBP display and my 24" for now. But what do I do for a high res screen?

I know this is a photo forum, but editing pics isn't my primary focus so I don't need 100% accurate colours, wide gamut or lots of inputs. I do need display port though.

1. Get a U2713?

2. Get something else? Samsung? HP?

3. Finally accept I bought the cheap option to go with my rMBP and instead get an Apple display? Wait until they maybe announce some new screens in the next week or so... that's currently my favoured option. I'd quite like a higher res but I think we're still a little way off from 27" retina (4k?) screens.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow