Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris Tofalos
Contributing MemberPosts: 655
Like?
Matching Olympus colours...
Sep 10, 2012

I got my introduction to M4/3 with an Olympus E-PL2 twin lens outfit. The camera handled beautifully and could be easily set-up up for the way I work. In the end, the limitations of the 12 Mp sensor proved too much and I moved over to Lumix with a GH2, later adding a GX1.

I'm very happy with these save for a couple of niggles. Panasonic really needs to take a leaf out of Canon's book when it comes to placing the control buttons and dials. The two cameras are quite dissimilar when it comes to working with them and it's easy to get confused about what to press when using both bodies. My Canon's (which I'm keeping for the moment) are so much easier to handle.

I can switch from my 7D to 50D and even my old 20D (kept as back-up) very easily. Exposure compensation, back-button focussing, etc are achieved in much the same way and it makes working with two bodies easy; quite instinctive.

However, I digress from the main question I have to ask in this post. I have to say, the colours from my E-PL2 are the best I've ever got from a digital camera (of any make). I find them very pleasing to the point where the E-PL2 still gets an odd outing.

What I want to know is is there any way to duplicate these colours with the Panasonics? Is it possible to create some custom colour set-up to match the Olympus?

Hope there is - and hope someone can tell me how to do it...

Chris

Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow