60d or T4i

Started Sep 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
DaddyG
Regular MemberPosts: 213
Like?
Re: 60d or T4i
In reply to nelimbhanger, Sep 10, 2012

nelimbhanger wrote:

Hello I am new to this site, but I have aready found it to be very helpful. I am looking to get a DSLR and not sure which of these cameras would work best for me. I just had a new baby and I would like to take pictures of him. I also like to take pictures of the outdoors and sporting events. One important feature needs to be video as well. Please help me make my decision. Thanks TJ

I've owned the T2i & the 60D. The image quality of the T4i is no better than the 60D (or T2i), so go with the 60D. It's by far a more complete camera, in many small respects - which add up to a much better package. For example, better viewfinder, better weather sealing, better buffer, rear control dial, top LCD display... the list goes on.

Don't concern yourself with the improved video focus on the T4i. It's still pretty poor, as this site's review alludes to.

The exception to the above is if you absolutely must have the touch screen.

But if the photography bugs bites hard, you'll be glad you bought the 60D. It's fantastic value.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow