Started Sep 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
drusus
Contributing MemberPosts: 613Gear list
Like?
Re: What is the best Monitor calibration software
In reply to peter42y, Sep 10, 2012

peter42y wrote:

Hello Everyone.

For me and for other people as well , photographt color accuracy is very important.

I think what I am about to write does not affect your question, but I am not sure that color accuracy is important to most people. Color brilliance, vividness, saturation, and other mostly subjective qualities probably play a bigger role in making people appreciate color. After all, it is rare that someone looks at a picture and has such a clear idea or memory of what the original colors were to even notice whether they are accurate or not.

But color accuracy is indeed important if you want other people to see the same colors, on their monitor, as you do. That is, if they too have a calibrated monitor. So color accuracy is probably important to the subset of people who all calibrate their monitors. Not sure how many people those are.

But thank you for asking your question because I have been considering finally calibrating my monitors myself.

Drusus.

drusus's gear list:drusus's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow