Sick of all the new camera body rumors...

Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Elite83
Contributing MemberPosts: 835Gear list
Like?
Sick of all the new camera body rumors...
Sep 10, 2012

I haven't done any math on it, but I'd say that roughly 70% of the posts over the past few weeks have all had something to do with camera rumors, specs, and "Should I buy a 5n now??" etc..

I'd much prefer pages upon pages of threads discussing new lens rumors for the NEX. A person can only own so many camera bodies... at this rate, if I wanted to keep up with the cameras my bank account would be starting to look like a memory card right after you've cleared it.

At least with lenses... they retain their value (for the most part...) and usability. You may spend $500 on a lens, but it will not be obsolete next year, it will still do exactly the same thing. Sure they may come out with a new variant of the lens maybe offering zoom etc. But your lens will still refract and focus light like any other piece of glass.

Just my rant... but does anyone else feel the way that I do? I thought it might just be me.

Why do you think Sony is focusing so hard on their bodies and not their lens lineup? We're getting what.... 3 lenses in December? One of which we should of had a year ago. cough35mmcough

Elite83's gear list:Elite83's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow