Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tracey41
Regular MemberPosts: 119Gear list
Like?
Which Nikon? the P7100, P510 or p7700
Sep 10, 2012

I am interested in one of these cameras, to augment my DLSR. I expect to use this camera for vacation photos, and perhaps retiring my large heavy DLSR

I am most interested in Photo Quality and camera speed. My thoughts on the cameras:

P510

Like the speed (I was able to handle camera today) , ELV, CMOS, tilt screen, the 42 zoom is not critical for me, and i find the camera a little large but did feel good in hand, I could not adjust the cameras controls in the brief time I had, but sure it is something to learn.

P7100

Can not find in my area. I like the size, larger sensor, tilt screen, ELV better than none, like the controls, HDR, and flash shoe.

P7700

Lack of ELV, the major issue, I have dlsr and use ELV a lot, like all other features.
Another concern is when will it be available?

I would appreciate any and all comments on this issue.

Also does any one have any idea how long Nikon normally takes to deliver new model cameras after there introduction.

Tracey41's gear list:Tracey41's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 +4 more
Nikon Coolpix P510 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon Coolpix P7700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow