S100 after 2nd repair

Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bruce Hunter
Contributing MemberPosts: 768
Like?
Re: Bruce
In reply to gail, Sep 10, 2012

Yes, Gail.....

When working, the S100 is a gem of a pocket camera.

But, I just returned from Best Buy , where I bought the camera last December. They will pack it up and return it to the Canon Center for repairs.

I mailed the camera , myself, for its first return in March. ... mainly , because it never occurred to me to have the store do it.

Oddly enough, when I tried to fix the stuck lens again this morning, I replaced the battery , pressed the shutter button and the lense retracted !

I tried it about 6 more times, but then it stuck and I got the "lens error " message again. To be honest, I was kind of glad the lens stuck again. I would , otherwise, be expecting to get the lens error message every time I snapped the shutter.

As it is, unless Canon replaces this camera with a new S100 ( not from the bad serial number batch ) , I will always be apprehensive, waiting for the next lens error message to pop up.

I'll be watching for the next Canon S series camera, but will never be first in line again, to buy one.

A real shame because the S100 is the best pocket camera I've ever had
....... when it's working, properly

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow