RX1 Mirrorless

Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
laguire
Regular MemberPosts: 499Gear list
Like?
Re: fixed focal length- feasibility of adapters?
In reply to Robert Garcia NYC, Sep 10, 2012

I wonder if they could sell a good quality wid angle converter and maybe a 1.4 and 2x converter. Then you would have the option of say a 24/2, 35/2, 50/2, and 70/2 (since they would be front mounted, they would not affect the aperture, well the f-value at least). Sure there would be some image degradation, but I assume this original combo will be phenomenal so a small iq hit wouldn’t be so bad. Especially with the 49mm filter size, shouldn’t be too hard to make.

I’m curious how the nex 16 converters would do, or better yet, I see that fuji came up with a 35mm to 28mm wide angle adapter for the x100 with a 49mm filter thread, I bet it would work reasonably well.

Maybe one of the canon 1.5x adapters they made for their older compacts?

Edit: looks like 0.75x is probably the widest you could go with ok quality. Not sure still if 1.5x is max, or if 1.7x like the Olympus adapter would be feasible when designed specifically to this lens. That would still give a 28, 35, 60 ish combo which would cover many needs. (52mm wouldn't be too horrible either)

laguire's gear list:laguire's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow