1DX Raw format switch over in the middle of a shoot... :-( !!!!

Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lloyd Eric Cotsen
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
1DX Raw format switch over in the middle of a shoot... :-( !!!!
Sep 10, 2012

So I just shot 1,000 pix at a wedding and dumped them into my Aperture library and while reviewing them I noticed that somehow the format of my photos changed from RAW (CR2) to JPEG after about 19 photos. I went back and checked the setting in the camera and it said RAW+L (which wasn't intentional) which I'm guessing means RAW + JPEG. But I got neither the additional JPEG photos for the ones in RAW nor the RAW files for the 900+ latter ones that only came in in JPEG. Of course I've already erased the memory card (sigh...). I've checked Aperture and they do have the codec for the 1DX (and I am running Aperture 3.0 or later).

Any idea of what could have happened? Were the photos there and Aperture not load them? Is there something to having the RAW format set and then also having the JPEG format set to L that creates something other than the RAW + JPEG saving format I'm assuming (I've now set the JPEG format to null or dash).

PS While I did change lenses later on on, the format switched way before then.

Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow