Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian
Regular MemberPosts: 190
Like?
Considering a NEX, from a DSLR
Sep 10, 2012

I currently own a Nikon D3100 and I don't follow camera trends until I consider a new camera. I have just come to learn of the "hybrid" camera's and after learning of their superiority in doing video I became very intrigued.

My video camera quit working earlier this year so I have used my D3100, which has poor video and I now understand that is typical of DSLR cameras. My wife has a Canon S100 and while I have been very impressed with its ability to take pictures, I used it for doing video and it was definitely superior to the D3100.

I would much rather have one camera that does both. Due to disability, a DSLR works MUCH better for me than a small compact, like her S100; I haven't handled a NEX yet but am hoping with the lens on there it would give me more to hold. I also know that a view finder greatly benefits my picture taking due to disability, as I can rest the camera against me.

How well does the add-on EVF work on the 5N and what does it cost?

I read that there are new NEX models coming out? Is there a timeline for this? Should I wait a bit?

I am a P&S guy, I do not fiddle with settings. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Brian Miller
Nikon D40
Canon S30

Nikon D3100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow