Contributing MemberPosts: 737
Like?
Re: X-Trans is NOT Random
In reply to rattymouse, Sep 10, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

Daniel from Bavaria wrote:

Hi,

Who cares?

I cared. That's why I started a discussion on it. Are you not clear how forums work?

You don't care, so naturally you entered the discussion .

Of course it is not really randomly,

Thank you for agreeing with me.

and there are very good reasons to not do so.

Right, so why use the word random when the pixel array is not random?

Hi,

ok, I pick it up. My question "who cares" was a rethorical one

Back to your question: Why are they using the term when it is not randon?

Because thats marketing. There a billion and billions of such phrases, expressions and words out there in advertisments which promise something which is not 100% true or absolutely wrong. Thats the reason.

Fuji refers to the random film-emulsion which they tried to artificially reproduce in a, in their opinion, best possible way. And now they are proud of what they have achieved, want to sell a lot of it and therefore do some flowery advertisments. From my point of view thats all about it.

And to be honest, you can't say something is more or else randomly than something else - so here the both of us are on the same road.

It is randomly or not by definition. Period. I think everybody agrees that no woman can be a little bit pregnant, or? (Beware, again a rethorical question )

The pattern of the Fuji-Sensor is much more complex, than a normal Bayer-Layout. Better or worse - I will not judge, I only can say that I really like the results.

So, finally it only comes to the question why Fuji made an untrue statement in their advertisment? Because it is advertisment and I am not sure if it does make sense to discuss contents of a advertisment statements. But sure it can be a lot of fun...

Regards,
Daniel

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow