canon ef-s 18-55mm IS landscape

Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
iMac, therefore iAm
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,369
Like?
The biggest problem with the photo
In reply to Jainendra Kumar, Sep 9, 2012

is the lighting. My camera doesn't even come out in this kind of light: Flat, dull, and no contrast.

The second biggest problem: the scene/composition is relatively boring.

The simplest way for me to judge a landscape image is to ask myself: Does this photo make me want to be there at the time this shot was taken? What is your answer?

As for the image quality issues, you're sample is insufficient to make any real judgements. Did you use a tripod and remote release or timer? That is a must for good landscapes. A hood will never hurt, and can help. A filter (polarizer) should only be used when it will help (it wouldn't have helped this shot).

But with any photograph the three most important things are: Quality of light, quality of light, and quality of light.

Jainendra Kumar wrote:

I used kit lens 18-55 mm on my canon 550D camera.

I was disappointed with basically all of my landscape pictures. Closeups were fine, but anything wide and 'landscape-ish' looked kind of bad. I was not using any filter and hood also. Please advise what's wrong here. Exif f/9, 55mm, 1/100 sec, ISO 100. Here is the photograph.

-- hide signature --

Some cool cats that can use your help
http://www.wildlife-sanctuary.org

Even if you can't donate, please help spread the word.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow