Sigma’s ownership of Foveon sensor – greatest loss for the photographic world

Started Sep 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
victorgv
Contributing MemberPosts: 795Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma’s ownership of Foveon sensor – greatest loss for the photograph
In reply to Jaelkay, Sep 9, 2012

Answer that $1000 compact writes slower than $3000 full body DSLR is a complaint .
Still not working properly is a complaint.

My point you have relatively cheap camera which under good light is on the level or better than much more expensive equipment.

Jaelkay wrote:

victorgv wrote:

I am kind of tired people complaining about Sigma DP series and compairing it with begemoth.

I wasn't comparing it. I answered a question.

1. Sigma first on the market with foveon.

Still not working properly. Weird colours, inconsistent focus, inconsistent exposure and green/purple splotches in shadow

2. Sigma first with large sensor in compact body.

And?

3. Comparision with D800 is ridicuolus one weight 1000g without glass and cost 3000 without glass, dp2m 355g with glass and cost 1000.

Again - I was not making a comparison. I answered a question. Do please learn to read and understand what you're reading. Thank you

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. I wish i could by d800 but to expensive and would sit on shelf in my house - too big. Goes for other dslrs too..

Jaelkay wrote:

PrebenR wrote:

Jaelkay wrote:

Eddy Teddy wrote:

I have the DP2 Merrill on loan; the images are very nice, truly amazing - better than the other cameras I have at hand; Sony Rx-100, Samsung Ex1 and Canon EOS 20D. I think performance is ok, but RAW writing is slow. But... Battery life time is weak... I have a very early production model; might be better now. Could anybody give us some numbers on battery life time?

If you're experiencing problems with speed, you cannot possibly have been using the camera. Kendall, aka George Preddy, has said so.

I have had no problem with the speed. The DP1 is far worse as one cannot take a photo while writing. With the Dp2M one can change settings and take new photos while the old is written to the card.

But Jaelkay, which other camera writes 45 to 60Mb faster to SD card ?

Nikon D800E writes 75mb files to card all but instantly. Sorry 'bout that.

-- hide signature --

AF takes away the Zen in photography

victorgv's gear list:victorgv's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow