X-Trans is NOT Random

Started Sep 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
junyo
Regular MemberPosts: 304
Like?
Re: X-Trans is NOT Random
In reply to rattymouse, Sep 9, 2012

I, for one, would like to thank rattymouse for his public service. Since, prior to this bold discovery, no one on this forum was aware that marketing people occasionally use words or phrases with less than scientific precision, no one could have possibly known that the color filter wasn't 100% random - with individually randomized sensors in each and every camera. Without the bold detective work of rattymouse, painstakingly tracking down this data from info that was openly available on Fuji's website since the camera was announced, none of us could have pieced this together. And just think of the consequences! The flawed terminology that Fuji used could have been downright dangerous. If the color filter isn't truly, absolutely random, how do you know the camera isn't poisonous? Or radioactive? Or filled with radioactive pioson? Sure it takes great pictures, but is that really what you care about in a camera? Isn't it much more important to pixel peep, bitch about every flaw and bit of minutia, and the technical merits of the advertising verbiage? That's where the real art of photography gets done. So again, thank you rattymouse; thanks to your investigative reporting I've saved myself and my family from the clear and present dangers of Fuji's evil word misuse.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow