Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pixtorial
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
The (unknownth) Annual Unofficial Sigma Users Camera Survey
Sep 9, 2012

Forgive me, please, if this is an oft too repeated thread. But I don't recall recently anyone starting similar, and with an influx of new DPxM and SD1M users we're do an update anyway, no?

What I'm most curious about, of course, is what Sigma gear is in your bag today. Secondary is what other gear you shoot with, and lastly (because it is where I'm currently at) what Sigma gear you last owned if you do not currently own any.

Please feel free to include a photos that you took with a Sigma camera that is representative of why you shoot Sigma.

The purpose of this thread is personal curiosity about which of the Sigma cameras have attracted the most users in addition to what kind of uptake of new Sigma users the DP2M and DP1M seem to be inviting.

For me personally, my last Sigma camera was a first gen DP1, which I still miss. While its later revisions fixed some issues, I find that the color behavior of the original DP1 suited my uses for it. Looking back at some of these photos, I'm still amazed at the resolving power and color tonality the previous generation Foveon sensor was capable of.

I currently shoot a budget kit consisting of an Olympus E-PL1, Nikon D70s, and Nikon D50 accompanied by budget glass and a bag full of enthusiasm. They are all capable digital cameras, but none "see" like a camera with a Foveon sensor does (i.e. I hope to put a DP1 back in that mix sooner rather than later).

Thank You in advance for your participation in this thread!

Bill Collinson
Austin, TX

Nikon D50 Nikon D70s Olympus PEN E-PL1 Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow