Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jerrith
Regular MemberPosts: 188Gear list
Like?
Again RX-100: extreme low light at an art exhibition
Sep 9, 2012

A series of images I took at an art exhibition where there were mostly difficult light situations: either very contrasting light and in some cases nearly no light at all.
All post processing was done in LR 4.2 RC.

Thanks for looking and I'm looking forward to your comments to improve...

The doorway here was actually nearly black, so I'm quite thrilled with the result I got from setting the camera into HDR +6 E.V. mode!

Post processed with lightroom, where I basically set Clarity to 100, image taken with HDR +2 so I could get details in the otherwise blown out window and a clear interiour.

Converted to B&W in post processing, Clarity 100, high contrast.

Same post processing as in the previous image here.

This image was taken in a near black room, where you could actually only see the light above the artificial rainbow. The rest of the room was very dark. Incredible quality at ISO 3200 for such a tiny camera!

I really love this HDR option on my RX-100. It helps me get the pictures I simply cannot get with my ancient DSLR... If they put this kind of technology in the next FF DSLR, I guess I'll end up with a broken jaw...
--
Life is not about milestones, it's about moments...

jerrith's gear list:jerrith's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony RX100 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 50mm F1.4 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow