Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wayne N.
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,966
Like?
Great day at Wallace Island (V1)
Sep 9, 2012

Sorry Paul! Visited another beautiful spot the other day called Wallace Island Marine Park B.C. These were taken with the V1. The 70-300VR was used for the critter shots (handheld) , and the 10-30 was used for most of the others. Processed using LR4.

Things I am loving about the V1: EVF (use it all of the time); IQ (white balance and colors, exposure, how nicely the NEF files can be processed in LR4); AF (I'm starting to take this for granted); continuous shooting with AF; ability to get 810mm with the 70-300VR; general sharpness of the kit lenses; overall compact size of the kit - love it.

Things I would change: (1) mode dial. I often have my V1 on a Black Rapid strap, so it's hanging around my side. The mode dial more often than not gets changed. Easy/quick enough to change back, but still. (2) Buffer clearing speed after burst mode - sometimes is takes a while. I'm happy with what it produces though. (3) Having to rotate the lens to get it ready to shoot. I find myself fumbling at times to get the camera out of sleep mode, or get it actually ready to take a shot.

The pros heavily outweigh the cons, and I am basically loving this camera (especially considering the price relative to other offerings)

The full gallery is below:
http://www.pbase.com/wayne_n/wallace_island_2012

Selected images in next post. Thanks for looking. Critiques are more than welcome (KimL: let me know if I over-sharpened them!).

Cheers,

Wayne
http://www.pbase.com/wayne_n

Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow