X-Trans is NOT Random

Started Sep 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Daedalus2000
Senior MemberPosts: 4,174
Like?
Re: Point
In reply to liquid stereo, Sep 9, 2012

Amazing. You just destroyed 100-150 years of scientific research (probability/statistics etc) as "mental masturbation"! Apologies if I do not agree with you, I will stick with the science as we know it from the proper sources and not from RANDOM people on the internet!

If you really an academic and you teach, please do not tell these things to your students though...

You seem to know that computer generated random numbers are not really random. Have you seen this though?

http://www.random.org/

Let's not make it personal. It is not worth it. Thanks for your comment on the other thread.

D

Can you please send an e-mail

liquid stereo wrote:
1. Random is a definition.
2. The notion that a built thing can be random is pure folly.

3. Saying something is random (or not) when one doesn't know what random means — theoretically and practically — is no better than mental masturbation.

Daedalus2000 wrote:
if we will be both be alive in 10 years?

I am not sure exactly what you try to assess through this type of questioning, though.. Can you clarify what exactly is your point? You have stated in other postings that you are an academic so you must know the vastness of the area of randomness/probability and the many of the philosophical interpretations of it. None of them apply to the Fujifilm sensor though...

liquid stereo wrote:

Dr. PhD. Please give me an example of something which is random. And by that I do not mean something which may be modeled as or via a random process.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow