Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RSColo
Contributing MemberPosts: 612Gear list
Like?
eBay Expert, NOT
Sep 9, 2012

So, you folks have talked about using eBay to buy cameras and lenses or unload ones that you don't want any more. So..I decided to join the eBay crowd. I signed up and then listed a Pany 14-140mm m4/3 lens with two B+W filters (polarizer and ND). I sold it in five minutes. Then over the course of a few days I found out that my buyer was claiming to be from France but he had a email address in Ireland. Then he wanted me to ship the lens to his son in Nigeria. It just kept getting worse. I have now reported the buyer to both eBay and PayPal (he claimed he had made payment by PayPal) and relisted the lens. PayPal has confirmed this is a fraud.

Here are the lessons: 1st, make sure you limit where you are willing to sell the item. I have now restricted the sale to the U.S. 2nd, don't ship anything until you can log onto eBay or PayPal and see the money in there. I didn't ship anything so I'm OK on this score.

I'm hoping you folks are right that eBay is a great way to get and sell some great photo gear. But my first experience has not been the best.
--
Reid Shay
http://www.sawatchpub.com

RSColo's gear list:RSColo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow