X-Trans is NOT Random

Started Sep 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
liquid stereo
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,105Gear list
Like?
Call Intel
In reply to noyo, Sep 9, 2012

Motorola, Portland Group, Cray, etc. and tell them they're wrong.

Tell them that their random number functions/generators are not random.

At least not as random as the intelligence exhibited in this p!ss poor thread.

noyo wrote:

I wouldn't want to be taking sides here but I actually agree with the OP in that the word RANDOM is being abused in Fujifilm marketing.

It also significantly annoys me but not enough for me to have created a new thread to complain about it. And until now, not enough for me contribute to this thread.

I have no wish to engage in puerile name calling nor in grandstanding my dubious intellectual capacity.

Ad hominem doesn't prove anything nor does it change facts. It certainly isn't becoming for would-be intelligent adults, irrespective of the attitude of others or 'who started it'.

Get a life people.

The fact remains the word RANDOM is incorrectly used in this context compared against any reasonable definition (check google & wikipedia) and I wish they wouldn't abuse it this way.

There is a clearly defined a pattern to the X-Trans sensor layout which may look complex or random to some but it isn't to me and indeed it is very clearly defined in many diagrams.

If the substance of this thread is insignificant to you then leave it alone. Why participate?

I figure the people who are sufficiently annoyed about the abuse of this word are those who have maths/statistics/science/engineering in their background where the word has a specific and significant meaning.

To see it misused is anathema to them and since we respect and appreciate freedom of thought and speech, why shouldn't they have their say?

Random.
--
Norman Young
http://www.noyo.eu

liquid stereo's gear list:liquid stereo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow