Any hands on experience with the Pany G5?

Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jane S
Regular MemberPosts: 213
Like?
Any hands on experience with the Pany G5?
Sep 9, 2012

I have an upcoming trip to Italy and planned to take Canon my DSLR with probably 3 different lenses to cover the ranges of what I think I'll need. Mostly on the wide angle side, with a zoom range to about 105mm.

I know this will be hassle to carry all around, but wanted to have the ability to shoot wide angle.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to the micro 4/3's because I have so much invested in the above.

But, I was in my local camera shop and happened to see the G5 with a 14-124mm(?) lens attached and thought hmmmm...How nice and light. I do have Panasonic p&s, so I am familiar with the menu systems.

I know that particular lens is not all that fast and it looks like there is no IS in the camera or lens. Is it light enough that you are not supposed to get camera shake?

Does the sensor in these cameras tend to gather dust? Is there sensor self cleaning?

Not sure about the EVF and battery life. How about the IQ in this type of camera / lenses?

Thanks for any advice.

Jane

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow