X-Trans is NOT Random

Started Sep 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Daedalus2000
Senior MemberPosts: 4,579
Like?
Re: Genius - What is random?
In reply to liquid stereo, Sep 9, 2012

I do not understand!? Are you calling me sarcastically "Genius" because I asked you a simple question and pointed that you do not need to attack people when you discuss something? Is this the level of discussion you like?

If your PhD means anything to you, you will respect a fellow scientist whose work is in probability and randomness (published work not hearsay) and stop this type of nonsensical discussion now.

liquid stereo wrote:
Please tell us - what exactly is random?

Daedalus2000 wrote:

I do not understand... You are telling us that we should accept incorrect terms from the marketing departments of companies because we can ignore them?

Do not get me wrong, I do not think it is a major issue, but I would expect that most people will say "fair enough rattymouse, you are right but it is not a big thing..." and move on. Not attack him...

If it were "truly" random, how would any company even be able to demosaic the RAW data and create an image?

As a PhD you know that randomness is a property of the generation/creation of an outcome (sensor in our case) and not of the outcome itself. If the specific arrangement is coded in the raw file it maybe possible to decode it... What do you think of that?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow