Sigma 18-250mm Macro (new) Vs Tamron 18-270mm PZD vs Canon 18-200mm

Started Aug 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
setite
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
Re: Canon 55-250 vs Sigma 18-250 macro
In reply to Bipbip, Sep 9, 2012

Are the settings different on these photos? I know NOTHING about photography but the ones on the right seem more "photographic". I don't know how to explain, but the first photo is an example. It just looks like a photo that came out "right". Technically the photos look fine, except for the one close up on the center of the flower, the sigma looks bad. But while not meaning to say anything about the photographer, I assume the differences are just the subtle variations natural to photography. I already ordered the Sigma, and I will take it on the strip and see if I can manage any decent photos on it. I would have preferred it to be cheaper but I need a single lens. I can't stand switching between my nifty fifty and the 18-55 kit lens.

What boggles my mind is all the superzoom hate. While it's good that there are people out there making it clear that superzooms are an eternal compromise, calling it a waste of money outright isn't cool. First, blanket statements like that have little merit. If you want to go that route, then consider offering something constructive like alternatives.

Here is a quote from an anime I like, said by a rather stuck up character about a fictional McDonald's type of establishment.

"There's an understanding between makers of food like this and those that eat it. Quality takes a back seat to convenience, refinement isn't part of the equation. It's meant to be eaten quickly."

It's early in the morning, which is why I am going a little off book. But the relevance is similar to when people complain about a McD's hamburger compared to some restaurant or slower more expensive place. Most of us know that the laws of physics and others place limitations on camera technology. That's why I have been forced to by a Canon T3i to replace the point and shoots I finally gave up on. I love learning, so I welcome suggestions of alternatives. But I humbly request that you refrain from misplaced outright admonishments. Now I'm going to bed, good day!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow