PIX 2015

FF users (all models) - would you prefer an in-built flash?

Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Senior MemberPosts: 1,007Gear list
FF users (all models) - would you prefer an in-built flash?
Sep 9, 2012

Just reading a bit of discussion about the A99 and whether or not it will have a built-in flash. The thread link is here for anyone who is interested:

I know it's the general trend for FF cameras to NOT have a flash...in fact the only exception I can think of off the top of my head is the Nikon D800. So I was just curious to ask FF users - regardless of whether your camera is Sony or not - as to whether you would prefer to have a flash on your cam if given the choice, or whether an in-built flash is really of no use to you and you're quite happy to not have it. Or do you even consider it a hindrance e.g. a potential vulnerable spot in your cam's weather-proofing?

For me personally I'd think that if I went FF one day I'd prefer to have an in-built flash as an option even if I rarely used it, but I'm curious to hear from those who actually do use FF at the moment.

Neeyon's gear list:Neeyon's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Sony SLT-A55 Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM +1 more
Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow